Are you a child care professional? Why not consider a career as a family day care educator with us?
We welcome qualified, experienced and committed child care professionals to join our team of friendly Educators! At Genesis FDC, we work in collaborative partnership with the Educators and provide generous access to professional development and training. Our admin charges are low and the processes are streamlined (e.g. no dropping timesheets).
As a Family Day Care Educator with us, you will become part of a dynamic and dedicated team of self-employed child care professionals, and:
- work in your own home and operate your own business;
- earn a good income and able to set their own fees;
- available to work full-time;
- can care for your own children while still receiving an income caring for other children;
- can care for up to 7 children including up to 4 children under school age; and
- receive support, training and professional development from the Service.
To be registered as an Educator, you are required to:
- hold or be actively working towards a Certificate III level education and care qualification;
- maintain a Level 2 First Aid certificate including training in anaphylaxis and asthma management;
- maintain a current ACT working with vulnerable people registration;
- maintain current public liability and accident insurance policies;
- participate in regular support and monitoring visits conducted by the Service’s coordination unit; and
- maintain currency of knowledge and skills through attending training, meetings and workshops.
If you would like to enquire about becoming a Family Day Care Educator with us, please contact us for an initial obligation free, confidential discussion.